Greetings in the name of the Risen Christ!
Thank you for visiting our website! Here you will find information about Verdigris United Methodist Church and its ministries. We hope you find your time visiting our website a blessing that points to the greater blessing of actually being here! Our church is a warm, welcoming, loving church, filled with grace and offers the radical hospitality of Christ. We are rooted in the historical traditions of the Christian church while expressing them in modern ways that can be enjoyed by just about anyone. We invite you to browse through the various areas of our website and learn about our fellowship. We are even better in person!
If you are considering a new place of worship or a relocation to our area, we would love to have you be our guest.
When you visit our church, you will find:
- A church whose own heart beats with the missional heart of Jesus Christ.
- A relevant and vital congregation living out our connections to our community and the connectional ministries of The United Methodist Church.
- A caring congregation that will gladly welcome you with "Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open Doors!" And open arms, too!
- Preaching and teaching that is centered on the Word of God as lived out in God's eternal mission to offer salvation and hope, mercy and justice.
- A church working for personal and social righteousness issues in our culture, country, and world. We do this by making disciples of Jesus Christ whose purpose is to transform the world, one life at a time, one community at a time that all may be on earth, as it is in heaven.
- A church who believes everyone who walks in our door is here on purpose, is here for a reason, and was sent to us by God.
- A church whose worship lives out of the active, enlivening, and transforming presence of the Holy Spirit inviting us into healing, redemption, peace, and exuberance, both in public and in more personal forms of worship, prayer, and individual spirituality.
And best of all - WE LOVE KIDS! Check out our photos to see how active our children are in the life of our church.
Come see us.
Bidding you the grace, peace, and the mercy and justice of Christ Jesus,
Rev. Mark Whitley